Here are a few highlights (the ones they don't tell you about in the brochure):
- Spending more on beer than I did on the full trek (almost...)
- Getting to try out the local villagers hunting gear (don't worry, we stuck to shooting cans)
- Starting up an impromptu soccer game with our guide on his local village feild
- Battle Royal- style bamboo rafting: where your only objective is to take over your fellow trekkers raft.
- No showers, but getting to soap up in this river in the morning.
- Elephant Riding: not the riding part in particular, but the baby elephant who decided my scarf looked like something he might like to eat...
- The waterfalls: well, they do tell you about those in the brochure, but they are worth a mention...
- Enough identical-looking rice paddies that you really begin to wonder if you are being taken in circles
- Spending 3 days soaking wet, muddy, and without a proper bathroom or bed, but still being able to come home and say "I could definitely have done another 2 nights."